12.03.2009

first snowfall


...snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
silver white winters that melt into springs
these are a few of my favorite things...

Today was the first official snowfall of the year. Sure, it was mostly flurries, but some of it stuck. I'm really excited! Snow is one of my favorite things ever; it's even my favorite smell as weird as that sounds. It has this clean, fresh and even crisp smell to it. It's comforting.

Snow is the real reason I could never leave the Midwest. In any other climate, I would miss the cold coziness of wrapping in a blanket of snow. There's just something perfectly peaceful about cuddling with a warm blanket and mug of hot chocolate on a snowy winter day.

I know it's still a little early to build a snowman, but flurries won't be flurries forever. And I'm looking forward to the day they turn into blizzards.


{photo via weheartit}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin