7.10.2009

I'm going to Graceland

My friend called me two days ago: "Do you want to go to Memphis?" she said. I need to be more spontaneous, I thought, "sure."

I'm a planner, a list-maker; I always have been. Since graduating from Northwestern with my masters degree and no job prospects, I've decided I need to be more spontaneous and open to new experiences. So I am.

I'm off to Memphis on Sunday. I'll be back on Wednesday to tell all
about it.



Also, here are a few links to my favorite songs about Memphis: "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn, "Maybe It Was Memphis" by Pam Tillis, "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles and "Honky Tonk Woman" by The
Rolling Stones. Enjoy.

{image via Wikipedia}

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malfunction! Cute blog! Hope you had a good trip

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin