7.19.2009

Roadtrip? Hell Yes. Camping? Hell No.

My friend Alyssa called me a few days ago to ask if I wanted to go on a road trip. I LOVE road trips with friends so it sounded like a great idea. I asked for a few details.

Itinerary: Drive to Phoenix. Stay one night at a friend's place. Drive to Vegas. Stay two nights at a hotel. Drive to LA. Stay one night at a hotel. Drive to San Francisco. Stay two nights with a friend of the family. Drive to Yellowstone. Camp two nights. Drive to... WAIT!! CAMP?!?

Umm, sorry. I'm busy that week. Well, not so much busy as just terrified at the idea of camping.

To me, "roughing it" on vacation means no cable TV or one-ply toilet paper in my fully-functioning bathroom or maybe the shower water is only luke warm or the sheets weren't washed with enough fabric softener.

Anyway, you see, I don't camp.

In all seriousness, I am really considering the trip. It sounds like so much fun, and hey, maybe there's a hotel nearby.

{Photo via Flickr PJEFFY}

2 comments:

  1. GUESS WHO LIVES BY YELLOWSTONE. DO IT. SERIOUSLY. I LIVE HERE NOW.

    Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you could just stop by Pinedale, WY on your way up and you could stay with me instead of camp. Just a thought. You might be driving past it, kinda. I'm 90 miles south of Yellowstone. Which out here is nothing. And a beautiful drive. Anyway, think about it. And call me. =]

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin