9.13.2011

Little sister goes to college

This week, my little sister started college. Such an easy sentence to say, such a difficult concept to handle. 


First, I can't believe how grown up she is. I remember, like it was just yesterday, chasing her down on her big wheel because she wouldn't come inside for dinner, and watching Honey, I Blew Up the Kid and Coneheads on endless cycles, and cheering her on as she ran hurdles in her elementary Olympic games. And now, she's a college student?! Wow. 


And the second reason I'm having a tough time coping with my little sister in college: it brings back so many great memories from my college years. This should be good, right? A little college nostalgia is healthy. But, I truly miss those years-- and it makes reality sink in... I am no longer near that time in my life. I have also grown up greatly. 


Now this is Ceci's turn to make memories that she will cherish for the rest of her life {and possibly a few she will shake her head and laugh at years from now also}. She's going to do great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin