2.15.2009

The Coffee Pot


I went to brunch with my family today at The Coffee Pot, a small diner in my hometown's downtown area. We stood at the door and waited for a table at the thirty-something-seat diner; walked to the counter for coffee refills rather than making the waitress come to us; chit chatted with neighbors; had a great time all around.

I love the rush of big cities but nothing makes me happier than going to a small coffee shop or diner for brunch. I know I've said this a million times, but it's the best way to start the day. I absolutely adore the warm, friendly feeling of an intimate diner.

If I life in a big city, I would need that small place to feel at home. I want a place where I can walk in and someone asks, "the usual?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin