2.24.2009

Snuggle Up With a Book

I finally got some reading done over the weekend. If you know me at all, then you know that it was a wonderful day. And it got me thinking of books that I want to read soon and books that I think everyone should read at sometime in their lives. (So I made a couple lists off the top of my head.)

Books on my 'To Read' list:
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
The Shia Revival: How Conflicts within Islam Will Shape the Future by Vasir Nasr
The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
Working by Studs Terkel
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoulett
We Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We Will Be Killed by Philip Gourevitch

Books everyone should read:
The Portable Dorothy Parker
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The People Are the News by Grant Pick
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story by Diane Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin