8.18.2009

Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils


It's that time of the year when store aisles are filled with notebooks, pencils, glue and crayons. Kids are picking out new backpacks and preparing themselves for early mornings. It's almost time for school to begin again.

Usually, this time of the year makes me happy. {I may be a nerd, but I love school. Like Tom Hanks mentioned in You've Got Mail, I wish I could send people bouquets of sharpened pencils to brighten days.}

However, this year, the sight of pens, paper and erasers makes me more sad than happy. This is the first Fall in 17 years that I won't be in school and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. I guess this truly is a sign that I'm growing up and I can't fight it any longer.


{photo via Flickr}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin