8.03.2009

Music, Friends and a Microphone

I was in band for years. I loved playing the flute and piccolo but mostly I was in band because I couldn't be in choir. I have a terrible, terrible voice. The kind of voice that makes dogs howl. (My friends actually tease me about it.)



They, however, still ask me to sing karaoke. We haven't gone in a little bit, but I'm sure we'll go soon and so I've been practicing. I have a few songs that I've been working on and think are finally 'karaoke ready.' (I have a few just in case the bar has a limited selection.)

My best karaoke songs: "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin, "Me and Bobby McGee" also by Janis Joplin (sidenote: Pink's cover is also surprisingly good), "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles, "Alone" by Heart, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston and any Backstreet Boys song, because I can.

I think they're all solid choices. I'll let you know how it turns out.

{image via Flickr KennethMoyle}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin