6.24.2009

My Grandma

Today is my Grandma's funeral. My mom was having a really tough time coping with her mom's death so I offered to help out as much as I could. I was in charge of collecting photos from family members and creating a slideshow for the visitation service.

Some of her scrapbooks were so old the pages fell out as I turned them. The binding broke, the glue yellowed and faded, but the photos still told an amazing story. Looking through these photos, I realized that I never really talked to my Grandma about her life before us kids came along.

She lived through the Great Depression, prohibition and the Jazz Age, through World War II, the Korean and Vietnam Wars, through the Civil Rights Movement, Leave It To Beaver and the Cold War, through moon landings, Woodstock and the JFK assassination... and so much more.

I wish I had more time to talk to my Grandma, to ask her so many questions that I have, to hear more of her stories. Knowing her, I'm sure she had some great ones.



Isn't my Grandma such a cool lady? (She's on the left.)

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin