5.05.2010

book search

I've been searching for a new book to read since I finished Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott last week. I tried reading Weight of Water by Anita Shreve, but I just couldn't get into it. {I'll probably try again sometime this year, but it doesn't interest me now.} I know I just finished Sin recently, but I like to always be in the middle of a book. My bag just seems empty if it doesn't have a good book in it.

Rather than sitting at Barnes & Noble for an entire afternoon, which I have done before, I asked friends for suggestions.

My Horizontal life by Chelsea Handler

Possible Side Effects

by Augusten Burroughs
Going Rogue by Sarah Palin {definitely not reading this one}
Drenched by Marisa Matarazzo
Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody

Infinite Jest: A Novel

by David Foster Wallace

The Shadow of the Wind

by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Lucia Graves
The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt
The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox

Siddhartha

by Hermann Hesse


I already picked up a few of these and am really excited to dive in! {Although I
also picked up Price of Honor: Muslim Women Lift the Veil of silence on the
Islamic World on my trip to the store.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin